RE: [slowcooker] Re: Crockpot Questions

  • jennifer kentwood
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 3, 2006
      --- "Mandy Jo R. S." <mandyjo830@...> wrote:

      > "boils water on warm"
      >
      >I want to thank everyone for your suggestions and
      tips. I don't own a thermometer so I can't test my
      crockpot yet. Mine is pretty new (two year old Rival
      model) and I think it cooks with higher heat cuz I
      remember the old beaten one my MIL has seems to cook
      the meats better and it doesn't "boil" as much. Hope
      I am making sense here.

      I started to look at the recipes in the files and
      found a spaghetti sauce one. It seems fairly easy and
      I think I can't go wrong on it. I am planning on
      testing it tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

      As for the sticky chicken recipe. I had always done
      mine in the oven, then I decided to try to make it in
      the crockpot. Made this I think last month. The
      chicken was way too tender (totally fell off the
      bones, cuz I think it was slightly overcooked). I did
      not supervise it as I was out at work. I had it on
      low for 8 hours (it was about a 2.5 lbs). I am glad I
      got some guidelines on the cooking times. I also like
      the advice about experimenting more in the beginning
      and supervising it until I know my machine well.

      I kinda hate my "newer" crockpot. Although the old
      one is old, I think it seems to cook better.
      Hopefully with more experimenting, I will come to like
      my new one.

      Thanks again,

      Jenn

      http://mail.yahoo.com