Re: [slowcooker] confused!! help! (LONG)

  • Myron Menaker
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 3, 2006
      Dear Barbara,

      There's a very good discussion of food safety vs. crockpot temperatures
      here:

      http://tinyurl.com/hqr6x

      I'd say if your pots are way outside the norms of 198 for low and 300
      for high....to "Beware!" If it's a fairly new pot, get your money back!

      If you keep a hot one.....you'll just have to adjust your times and keep
      checking until you get the hang of it!
      Linda Larsen is an expert on food safety....I'm hoping that she will
      give us her 2¢ on this....Linda?

      Good luck!

      Myron

      --