[slowcooker] Post Grape-Nut Puff Pudding

  • pfisher@telusplanet.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 1999
      I tried this one tonight, it is usually baked it in the oven in a pan of hot water but I didn't have room for it
      so thought I would try it in the crockpot. Turned out to be very good and less hassel than using a water bath.

      Puff Pudding
      1/4 c butter
      1/2 c sugar
      1 t grated lemon rind
      2 egg yolks
      3 T lemon juice
      2 T all-purpose flour
      1/4 c Post Grape-Nuts Cereal
      1 c milk
      2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
      Thoroughly cream together butter, sugar, and lemon rind. Add egg yolks; beat until light and fluffy. Blend in lemon juice, flour, cereal, and milk.
      (Mixture will look curdled, but this will not affect finished product.) Fold in beaten egg whites. Spoon into crockpot, lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
      Cook on high for 1/2 hour then reduce to low for 1 1/2 hours or until top springs back when lightly touched or knife inserted into the middle comes out clean. When done, pudding has a cake-like layer on top with custard below. Serve warm or cold.
      Makes 4 servings.

      uice
      2 T all-purpose flour
      1/4 c Post Grape-Nuts Cereal