[slowcooker] cranberry/onion soup Turkey breast... my variation...

  • Krista G Pritchett
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 1999
      Hi all,

      I FINALLY tried the cranberry sauce/onion soup mix thing today!! I used
      pork loin boneless chops, jellied cranberry sauce, the onion soup mix,
      and just a tablespoon or two of apple juice (no wine in this house!... we
      don't drink...). Anyway, it turned out FABULOUS!! My dh couldn't even
      guess what was in the sauce! It was so good! I thickened it up (as
      several of you suggested) and served the "gravy" with the chops and rice.
      I have 4 kids and they all loved it with the exception of my oldest (and
      pickiest!) who scraped off the sauce and ate his rice with soy sauce
      instead! But, he still liked the chop, just w/o the sauce... Anyway, this
      is my vote for the week!! I will definitely be making it again!! YUM!!

      Original Recipe below:

      Krista

      Krista Pritchett~~wife to James,
      SAHM to:
      Geoff (10�), Ashlan (6) and
      twins Woody & Emily (3)

      Turkey with Cranberry Sauce

      Recipe By : Kelly A. Youngblood
      Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
      Categories : **To Be Printed Crockpot
      Main Dish Poultry

      1 turkey breast -- frozen
      16 ounces cranberry sauce, jellied
      1 envelope onion soup mix
      cooked rice

      Place turkey breast in crockpot. Mix cranberry sauce and onion soup mix;
      pour over turkey. Cook on low 4-7 hours or until done. Serve sliced
      with
      rice. Pour cranberry "gravy" over top. Enjoy!

      or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/slowcooker