Re: Peach Dump Cake-anyone else made this?

  • noentrobcap
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13, 2005
      I've read the recipe and I really don't see why this
      couldn't be made in a slow cooker. Only there are four golden rules
      for crockpot baking that must also be followed. Didn't you miss any of
      them? :-)

      These rules are:

      1.Don't cook cakes directly in crockpot insert. Use a metallic mold.
      It doesn't matter if the mold doesn't reach the insert walls.

      2.Always cook breads and cakes on HIGH, for a minimum of 3 hours and a
      maximum of 4.

      3.Always wrap your cake mold with foil, so that no amount of moisture
      is able to enter it. This applies even to cakes that ask for some
      water inside insert. The foil wrapping method is, to my view, much
      better that the 7 paper towel method. If you don't want to wrap the
      mold completely at least cover its opening with foil and secure it
      with a string.

      4. Never check doneness before hour three.

      As I said, I think this recipe will be successful if rules are
      followed. I've made some "fruit in the bottom" cakes and also layered,
      no-stir cakes, and no problem with them.

      Hope to have been of help!

      Merce

      --- In slowcooker@yahoogroups.com, "Kathy" <evans-katherine@s...>