Romanian Bean Soup (Crock-Pot)

  • {JMSQ}
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2005
      Romanian Bean Soup

      2 cups dried lima beans
      8 cups cold water
      1 large onion, roughly chopped
      1 carrot, peeled and quartered
      2 garlic cloves, crushed
      1 Knorr vegetable bouillon cube
      1 tbs butter
      1 medium onion, finely diced
      2 teaspoons kosher salt (optional)
      Freshly-ground black pepper to taste

      Soak lima beans in cold water overnight. Drain the lima
      beans and rinse in several changes of water to float away
      as many loosened shells as possible. Place beans in
      crockpot with 8 cups fresh water, the chopped onion,
      carrot, garlic and bouillon cube. Cover tightly and cook 18
      to 24 hours on low until beans are very tender. Remove from
      heat and let cool a little. In the meantime, heat the
      butter in a skillet and saute the finely diced onion until
      it is very brown.

      Ladle a small amount of soup at a time into blender or
      bowl of a food processor and puree until all soup is
      pureed. Return to pot and stir in browned onions. Taste
      for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste. Makes 8
      to 10 servings.

      Blessings Jeanarie Ps_91@...
      http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/Jeanaries/index.html

      "Lord, help me live from day to day, In such a self-forgetful way, that even when I kneel to pray, My prayer shall be for others".

      "Comforting Children, One Stitch At A Time"

      Comforting Special Angels
      http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/Jeanaries/Comforting.html

      Happy Hats & LapGhans
      http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/Jeanaries/HappyHats.html