crockpot recipes with beef or pork

  • whomeworry@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2005
      Italian chuck roast
      1 3 lb chuck roast
      pepper and garlic powder to taste
      1 package dry spaghetti mix
      1 can diced tomatoes
      Season chuck roast with salt,pepper and garlic salt.Place in crock
      pot,sprinkle spaghetti mix over top,add diced tomato.Cook for 7-9 hrs.
      Serve with spaghetti or noodles.
      Barbecued pork and beef sandwiches
      In a crockpot, combine the following:
      1 1/2 lb. lean stew beef
      1 1/2 lb. lean pork cubes
      1 C. finely chopped onion
      2 C. finely chopped green bell pepper
      Combine the following ingredients:
      1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
      1/2 C. brown sugar
      1/4 C. cider vinegar
      1 T. chili powder
      1 tsp. salt
      2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
      1 tsp. dry mustard
      Blend all of these ingredients well and add to the crockpot.Stir into
      the meat, onion and pepper mixture.Cover and cook on HIGH for 8 hrs.Stir
      to shred meat before serving on buttered rolls or pita bread. NOTE:If
      you do not have a crockpot,you can simmer this mixture on top of the
      stove.Use a very heavy Dutch oven with a tight-fitting lid.This may also
      be served over rice rather than using rolls,if desired. Leftovers freeze
      great. I mix liquid ingredients night before so can add quickly the next
      morning.
      CROCKPOT SWEDISH STYLE STEAK
      2 1/2 pounds round steak (I use stew meat)
      1 beef bouillon, crumbled
      3/4 cup water
      Salt and pepper
      1 teaspoon dill weed
      1 medium onion, sliced
      1 cup sour cream
      Cut steak into serving-size pieces.Sprinkle with salt and pepper.Place
      in a crockpot.Add dill, onion,bouillon cube and 1/2 cup water Cover and
      cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hrs Yield 6 servings Serve with noodles.
      HUNGARIAN PORK GOULASH
      2 pounds left over pork, cut in 1 inch cubes
      1 large onion finely chopped, (1 cup)
      1 tablespoon paprika
      1 can condensed chicken broth
      1 cup water
      1 teaspoon caraway seeds
      2 pounds sauerkraut ( drained and rinsed)
      1 cup sour cream
      In a Dutch Oven or Slow Cooker, place all but the sour cream.Simmer for
      1 1/2 hrs in Dutch Oven and 6 or more hours in a Slow Cooker. To
      serve,top each serving with several tablespoons of sour cream.Serve this
      with a sourdough rye bread.
      BEEF STROGANOFF CROCKPOT
      stew meat, cut into bite sized pieces
      1 can Golden Mushroom soup
      1 can French Onion Soup
      1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
      1 can, mushrooms, drained
      Place desired amount of stew meat (cut into bite sized pieces) 1 can
      Golden Mushroom Soup,1 can French Onion Soup,1 can Cream of Mushroom
      Soup,And 1 can of drained mushrooms in the crock.Cook on low 6-8 hrs.
      Serve over rice or noodles.Or could use celery soup.
      Three packet roast.
      Spray oil inside the crockpot. Put the roast (boneless chuck roast works
      well) inside. Sprinkle on top of it 1 packet of dry ranch dressing mix,
      1 packet of dry Italian dressing mix and 1 packet of dry brown gravy
      mix.Pour one cup of water into the bottom of the pot. Cover. Cook on low
      for 7 hrs.Fork meat apart and serve on buns if desired.
      French Cassoulet
      2 cans northern beans,
      ½ ring of polish sausage, sliced
      sliced or chopped onions,
      1 can cream of celery soup
      parsley,thyme and chopped garlic added to soup 1 can stewed tomatoes
      (opt)
      Place all in crockpot and cook on low all day.
      Mexican Meat
      This recipe can be used for many things. I love it. I like to wrap it in
      flour tortillas with some Jack cheese. Also good for soft tacos,
      tostadas, bean dip or just over rice. Put in the crockpot and forget
      about it all day.
      3 pounds stew meat
      1 can cream of celery soup
      1 4 oz. can chopped green chilies
      Combine all ingredients in crockpot.Stir well to coat meat.Cook on low 6
      to 8 hrs.Use a potato masher to blend liquid and separate meat. ( it
      should just fall apart when done.) Enjoy I don't drain the chiles,just
      dump em in.I buy the ones that say mild on the label. It's good served
      on a bed of fritos with southwest style toppings.
      Crockpot Stew
      It can have many variations.Substitute different soups,golden mushroom
      is good as is cream of celery or mushroom.You can vary the meat and use
      hamburger.I never brown the meat.you can vary the veggies.Just
      experiment.I have never had a crockpot meal overdone so don't think it
      matters how long it is cooked
      1 lb stew meat
      1/2 lb baby carrots
      new red potatoes tiny unpeeled or cut in 4th if larger 1 can tomato soup
      1 can French onion soup
      Put veggies in crockpot, meat on top of veggies,soup on top of meat.
      (you do have to wash the potatoes).Cover Cook on high for 3-4 hrs--low
      6-7.No need to brown meat.Can add other spices.
      Crockpot Mexican beef
      1 1/2 lb. round steak, or stewing beef
      1/4 tsp. pepper
      1/2 tsp. garlic salt
      1 tbsp. chili powder
      1 tbsp. prepared mustard
      1 chopped onion
      1 beef bouillon cube, crushed
      1 (16 oz.) can tomatoes, cut up
      1 (16 oz.) can red beans, drained
      Mix meat,salt,pepper,chili powder and mustard in pot.Cover with
      onion,bouillon cube and tomatoes.Top with beans.Cover and cook on low
      6-8 hrs.Mix and serve with rice