What's in Your Crockpot Today?

  • Diana
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 6, 2005
      Today I have a small crockette of Cream of Broccoli Soup on. I have
      made this recipe before and everyone enjoys it. Its from the Fix It and
      Forget It Cookbook p.70. I substitute pepperjack cheese for the
      American it calls for. Here is my scaled down version.

      10-16 oz. chopped frozen broccoli
      1 can of fat free (FF) cream of mushroom soup
      1 can of FF cream of clery soup
      1/2 C shredded pepperjack cheese (or whatever you like)
      1 small onion chopped

      Combine all ingredients in slowcooker. Cook on low 3-4 hours.

      Blessings,
      Diana
    • dnhahn@bardstown.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 6, 2005
        Hubby threw a roast with carrots in our crockpot. He puts onion soup mix,
        garlic, old bay seasoning, and worstshire (sp?) sauce. Lets cook from lunch
        until I get home from work at about 5 pm. on medium. We have a crockpot that
        has a removable pot that can be used on the stove top and has 1 - 5 numbers on
        it. He usually sets it about 2 or 3. It is usually fall apart good.
        Nicole Hahn

      • foofetta@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 7, 2005
          In a message dated 4/7/2005 12:58:42 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
          dnhahn@... writes:

          Hubby threw a roast with carrots in our crockpot. He puts onion soup mix,
          garlic, old bay seasoning,

          Ive never used this seasoning (Old Bay) is it good ? what all can you use it
          on ???? Cathy

        • Debbie Dunlap
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 7, 2005
            Here's what's in my crockpot today. It's truly a family favorite.

            Coal Miner's Stew

            2 lg. potatoes, peeled & cut into bite-size pieces
            1 lb. kielbasa or smoked sausage, sliced
            2 cans green beans, drained
            1 small onion, chopped (dried minced onion works fine)
            1 clove garlic, minced (or garlic powder)
            2 cans cream of mushroom soup
            1 cup shredded cheese

            Layer in crockpot in order given. Cook on low 4-6 hours or longer. I have cooked this for up to 10 hours, and it worked out fine.

            Deb Dunlap

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 14, 2005
              Hi,

              As a newbie here I just want to say hi and say know how much my
              family enjoyed this recipe, hubby thought is was spectacular and our
              2 year old twins couldn't contain themselves; they spent the whole
              meal yelling "Beans" and "Hot Dogs" while laughing and eating.
              Thanks for the winner Deb ;)

              Rebecca

              --- In slowcooker@yahoogroups.com, "Debbie Dunlap" <debdunlap@e...>