March recipe of the month contest winners

  • Kim Malo
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2005
      March wasn't planned to be, but ended up chicken month. Some varied and
      interesting things you can do with chicken beyond the usual cream of X soup
      on chicken pieces. Looked like it was going to be a two horse race, but
      there was a dark horse closing in at the end to make it even closer after I
      posted a reminder. Thanks for responding - I hate to nag <g> and hate to
      nag to no purpose even more <g>. So, without further ado, the winners are....

      Drumroll...

      The WINNER:
      - Shredded Chicken BBQ 26 votes, 42.62%
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/slowcooker/message/26587

      First Runner Up
      - Irish Chicken and Dumplings 22 votes, 36.07%
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/slowcooker/message/26583

      Second Runner Up
      - Moroccan Chicken with Couscous 13 votes, 21.31%
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/slowcooker/message/26655

      Congrads to all and thanks again for participating. The recipes will also
      be up on the contest winner's site later today, although you can also check
      the recipes using the above links.

      Please feel free to post nominating April recipes anytime. You can nominate
      any kind of recipe - TNT favorites are best, don't feel it has to be a
      fancy 'for show' or company recipe. The only restriction is that it can't
      be a prior winner, which can be checked on the contest winner's site at
      http://www.geocities.com/monthlyrecipe/

      To nominate a recipe please post it to the list so everyone can see, noting
      in the subject that it's a nomination so I don't miss it. Include in your
      post: the full recipe, its name (make one up if you have to - we need
      something to list so people can vote), source (just something to give
      credit where credit is due whenever possible), and a quick sales pitch
      about why you liked it.

      Nominations will be accepted through end of day April 20th and I'll post at
      least one reminder about nominating between now and then.

      Kim