Shredded Chicken BBQ - March Nomination

  • Marie Eric & Abby
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2005
      This is the most tasty shredded chicken bbq. No store bought sauce compares
      to this for me. I found this recipe listed at About.com/Southern Food &
      modified it to suit me.

      Shredded Chicken BBQ

      * 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
      * 1 1/2 cups tomato ketchup
      * 2 tablespoons brown sugar
      * 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
      * 1 tablespoon soy sauce
      * 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
      * 1 sweet onion - diced
      * 5 cloves garlic - minced

      Combine all ingredients for sauce in the crockpot (3-4 quart works well).
      Add the chicken, making sure to coat well.

      Cook on high for 2-3 hours or low 5-6 hours, until chicken is fully cooked.
      Take the chicken out to shred & return to crockpot to mix the shredded
      chicken into the sauce. Cook 15-30 minutes more. Take out & enjoy.

      I serve this either on hard rolls or over a slice of bread.

      Marie
      Long time lurker

      ICQ - 13637801
      AOL IM - Mashenka2