Chocolate fondue success!

  • chaaga@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2005
      Hi,

      On New Year's Eve I tried a chocolate fondue recipe from this list. My
      husband and I and our 2 middle schooler kids loved it! I used my small "Little
      Dipper" crockpot (only has low, pot not removeable, for dips and such). You warm
      1/2 cup of cream on the stove in a pan & stir in semi-sweet chocolate chips
      (I used a 12-oz bag) until all is melted together. Then stick it in the Little
      Dipper to keep warm. I found a set of fondue forks at a Bed Bath & Beyond
      store's kitchen section (didn't have to buy the fondue pot!).

      We had a great time dipping raspberries, & chunks of pound cake
      (store-bought) & apple and pear. Thanks for the recipe and also for several who mentioned
      how much they've enjoyed doing fondue at home. I gave everyone a little plate
      and another regular fork so no one cut their tongue on the sharp fondue forks
      or put their germs back into the common pot.

      My L. D. has a short cord, so we actually unplugged it once we sat to eat at
      the table, but it stayed warm while we dipped. I put the leftover still in
      the pot in the fridge overnight. The next night I just plugged it in and let it
      warm up to melt again (it became a solid block in the fridge), added a bit
      more cream for texture.

      Happy New Year to all,

      Candice in Maryland