Fw: [slowcooker] Spiced and Spiked New Year's Roast

  • debbsmith1@juno.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2004
      I forgot, I also put 1/4 C. fresh orange zest in it.

      Spiced and Spiked New Year's Roast

      1/4 C. Champaign, heated ( non alcoholic if desired )
      1 envelope dry apple cider mix
      pineapple rings
      toothpicks, wooden
      1 C cranberry,chopped
      1/8 tsp nutmeg
      1/8 tsp coriander
      1/8 tsp cinnamon
      1/4 tsp. splenda or brown sugar or a mix of both
      onion and garlic if desired .

      put cider mix in warm champaign along w/ Splenda. Pour over meat.
      Decorate top with pineapple rings (held on by toothpicks), and sprinkle
      with cranberry. Cover and cook on low 7 - 10 hours.

      I wanted something totally different, yet totally befitting the New Year.
      Kind of celebratory. I must admit though, I could not wait until
      tomorrow, I tasted it tonight. It was not as well done as I wanted it,
      so, it's still cooking, But YUMMY! :-D

      HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY

    • summerhill9
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2005
        Hi Debbie,

        What type of meat do you use in this recipe? Pork?

        thanks.

        --- In slowcooker@yahoogroups.com, debbsmith1@j... wrote:

        > I forgot, I also put 1/4 C. fresh orange zest in it.
        >

        > Spiced and Spiked New Year's Roast
        >
        > 1/4 C. Champagne, heated ( non alcoholic if desired )
        > 1 envelope dry apple cider mix
        > pineapple rings
        > toothpicks, wooden
        > 1 C cranberry,chopped
        > 1/8 tsp nutmeg
        > 1/8 tsp coriander
        > 1/8 tsp cinnamon
        > 1/4 tsp. splenda or brown sugar or a mix of both
        > onion and garlic, if desired
        >
        > put cider mix in warm Champagne along w/ Splenda. Pour over meat.
        > Decorate top with pineapple rings (held on by toothpicks), and
        sprinkle
        > with cranberry. Cover and cook on low 7 - 10 hours.
        >

        > I wanted something totally different, yet totally befitting the New
        Year.
        > Kind of celebratory. I must admit though, I could not wait until
        > tomorrow, I tasted it tonight. It was not as well done as I wanted
        it,
        > so, it's still cooking, But YUMMY! :-D
        >
        > HAPPY NEW YEAR
        EVERYBODY