Spiced and Spiked New Year's Roast

  • debbsmith1@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2004
      Spiced and Spiked New Year's Roast

      1/4 C. Champaign, heated ( non alcoholic if desired )
      1 envelope dry apple cider mix
      pineapple rings
      toothpicks, wooden
      1 C cranberry,chopped
      1/8 tsp nutmeg
      1/8 tsp coriander
      1/8 tsp cinnamon
      1/4 tsp. splenda or brown sugar or a mix of both
      onion and garlic if desired .

      put cider mix in warm champaign along w/ Splenda. Pour over meat.
      Decorate top with pineapple rings (held on by toothpicks), and sprinkle
      with cranberry. Cover and cook on low 7 - 10 hours.

      I wanted something totally different, yet totally befitting the New Year.
      Kind of celebratory. I must admit though, I could not wait until
      tomorrow, I tasted it tonight. It was not as well done as I wanted it,
      so, it's still cooking, But YUMMY! :-D

      HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY

      Deb/ Birmingham, Al.
      "When you raise yourself above a servant, you
      rank yourself above savior"