REFINED CHICKEN ROLLS

  • noentrobcap
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2004
      I made these rolls two days ago out of "available ingredients". They
      were surprisingly good. I made them in the Rival crock.ette.

      Take VERY FINELY SLICED CHICKEN BREAST (3-4 slices per person) and
      season them with PEPPER and SEASONED SALT, both sides.
      Brush them with a mixture or MUSTARD, BROWN SUGAR and BLACKBERRY
      MARMELADE OR JAM (perhaps barbecue sauce can be used instead of all this).
      Cut thin HAM SLICES to fit breast slices and place them over breasts.
      Put a small piece of canned PINEAPPLE over ham.
      Roll each piece tightly. Secure with string or sticks or,
      alternatively, make sure base of crockpot is full of rolls (this way
      they will support one another and won't disassemble).
      If you want, put some oiled BABY POTATOES in oven bag and place it
      over the rolls (I figure you could place bag on bottom and potatoes on
      top too).
      I cooked it on low for 6 hours. Delicious, and the rolls keep their
      shape. Slightly cooled, you can slice them and serve over rice or
      beside a salad, adding HEATED BARBECUE SAUCE if you wish. They would
      be good over mashed potatoes too. And perhaps dates could be a good
      substitute for pineapple?

      Merce