butternut squash question

  • Amanda Beckwith
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2004
      Hi Darlene!
      I purchased a huge butternut squash yesterday, but honestly had no idea what
      to do with it. I have never cooked one at home. You mentioned tossing those
      in the crockpot - so do I just peel it, cube it, and toss in? How long?
      Thanks!!
      Amanda

      Message: 19
      Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 03:49:38 -0000
      From: "darlene_87" <darlene_87@...>
      Subject: yams, and other veggies in crockpot

      Yes, most of the veggies can be cooked in the crockkpot. Today, I
      cooked butternut squash, cut in 2 inch slices, and did them. Also do
      yams, potatoes, carrots, any squash,& tomatoes. I have not been able
      to do beets though, so if anyone has, please give instructions as to
      how to do them.
      Darlene