re: curdling

  • Terry and Donna Ceroni
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2004
      I made the couliflower soup that came through the list recently, and it was fine today after I added milk/cheese, but when I replaced the lid to let it simmer even longer it curdled, so think that once it's heated through-it needs to be eaten as the condensation of the water on lid causes the curdling (this has happened when I've added milk too soon & cooked too long.)
      Hope this helps-D

    • RICCILYN@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 15, 2005
        I was just reading this tip and i remembered a few members had problem with
        milk products curdling it recommended adding a bit of baking soda to the milk
        before putting it in a hot dish now i haven't tried it just passing it along

        Ricci in PA