Re: In Search Of:

  • annmarieseiler
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2004
      Crockpot Poached Salmon Steaks

      4 (5 oz) salmon portions(16)
      1 cup water
      1/2 cup white wine (2)
      1 teaspoon salt
      2 bay leaves
      2 peppercorns
      1 sprig fresh rosemary
      fresh oregano or thyme
      1 slice onion
      1 sprig fresh parsley

      Lightly grease the bottom of the slow cooker, then place the salmon
      steaks (or fillets) in the bottom. Put the remaining ingredients in
      a pan and heat until boiling. Pour over the salmon, put the lid on
      the slow cooker and cook at Low for approximately 3 hours. Can serve
      hot or cold with a salad.

      Serves 4, Points 4.25
    • annmarieseiler
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2004
        Crockpot Poached Salmon

        4.5 points, 4 servings

        Recipe By: CrockeryKitchen

        4 (4 – 5 oz) salmon fillets
        3/4 cup orange juice
        2 tablespoons soy sauce
        1 clove garlic, minced

        Place the salmon in the crockpot. Add the juice.
        Sprinkle with the soy sauce and the garlic. Cover
        and cook on low heat for 2-3 hours or until fish
        flakes easily with a fork.
      • annmarieseiler
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2004
          I haven't tried either of the two Salmon recipes I just posted
          exactly but I have tried variations of the second one and it came
          out great. Salmon holds up very well in the crockpot and takes
          about 3 hours to cook.

          AM