Needed advise on Crockpot water boiling test

  • ketakigarg
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2004
      Hi,

      I recently bought a rival 6-qt crockpot (model 3060-w) on sale from
      kohls for just $15...i've never seen this deal in a long time!!!:))
      I have had a rival 5-qt programmable crockpot in the past, but it
      burnt my food so many times that i returned it after seeing that a
      lot of ppl in this group experienced the same problem & wanted to
      buy a "no frills" model this time.
      I wasnt aware of crockpots too much that time, so this time i wanted
      to make sure i test my crockpot before i start using it.
      So last night i ran the water boiling test at low in my new 6-qt
      crockpot & kept it on for abt 7 hrs. At the end it showed me 185 deg
      F. On the FAQ file in this group, it says that it should read 198
      deg F. Is this difference that i saw normal & ok?

      Thanks,
      Ketaki