Re: oatmeal for breakfast (TNT recipe)

  • foible40
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2004
      Alton Brown of Food TV's show, Good Eats has this recipe. I've made it
      many times and it's delicious.

      The night before, put in crockpot:

      1 cup Steel-Cut oats (not Quaker Oats anything. These are Scottish
      oats that you want)
      4 cups water
      1 cup heavy whipping cream
      1 1/2 cups chopped dried fruit, of your choice. I like cranberries,
      apricots, figs, etc.

      Stir well.

      Put the lid on, set it on low, and go to bed. When you wake up, give
      it a stir, taste for sweetness (it's pretty sweet as is) and doctor up
      the way you like it.