Re: [slowcooker] Sirloin Tip Roast?

  • dnhahn@bardstown.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4, 2004
      I have to admit that I use that cut just like I would any type of roast. I
      don't see alot of difference.
      I also put it with some dry onion soup mix, dash of garlic, salt & pepper to
      taste, potatoes (on the bottom so they cook better) & carrots and let it cook
      for about 8 hrs and that is supper.

      Hope this helps
      Nicole Hahn
      www.minpinrescue.org
      KY Volunteer & Foster Parent - Internet Miniature Pinscher Service, Inc. Rescue

      > Hi Everyone,
      > I have a question and hope you can help! I bought a sirloin tip roast the
      other day, but
      cannot find a slow cooker recipe that specifically calls for using that cut of
      meat. I am
      totally ignorant- can anyone recommend a recipe or tell me what cut of beef is
      similar so
      that I might subsitute that cut for Sirloin Tip? Thanks so much!!

      > Tara

    • kitPATh
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 4, 2004
        I have several recipes that call for it. One is just like the standard with onion soup mix -- but instead of broth, it called for ginger ale.

        how about this one with coffee --

        * Exported from MasterCook *

        Slow Cooked Coffee Beef Roast

        Recipe By :Light and Tasty: Annual Recipes 2004: Every Recipe from Last Year (Reiman Media Group, Inc. 2004)
        Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
        Categories : Beef Electric Slow Cooker
        {Posted}

        2 1/2 pounds boneless beef sirloin tip roast -- cut in half
        2 teaspoons canola oil
        1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
        1/3 cup sliced green onions
        2 garlic cloves -- minced
        1 1/2 cups brewed coffee
        1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
        1/2 teaspoon salt
        1/2 teaspoon chili powder
        1/4 teaspoon pepper
        1/4 cup cornstarch
        1/3 cup cold water

        In a large nonstick skillet, brown roast over medium-high heat on all sides in oil. Place in a 5-quart slower cooker. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms, onion and garlic until tender; stir in the coffee, liquid smoke, if desired, salt, chili powder and pepper. Pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or until meat is tender.

        Remove roast and keep warm. Pour cooking juices into a 2-cup measuring cup; skim fat. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir in 2 cups cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with sliced beef.

        Makes 6 servings. Nutritional information per serving: 209 calories, 7 g fat, 82 mg cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.

        [ARTICLE] Times Record, Fort Smith, ARK <http://www.swtimes.com/archive/2004/May/12/features/potluck.html>

        Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 260 Calories; 10g Fat (33.1% calories from fat); 4g Protein; 41g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 1101mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 2 Vegetable; 2 Fat.

        NOTES : Day-old coffee is the key to making this flavorful slow-cooked beef roast fall-apart tender.

        Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0