Recipe review

  • nutzzz
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2004
      I made this today and, although the flavor was good, the rice was a mushy, gummy mess. If I try it again, I'll definitely cook the rice separately. My husband complained that it was too dry, which was because the rice had soaked up the moisture of the tomatoes. This was in spite of adding an additional cup of water.

      Kay

      *****

      1 small to medium head cabbage, shredded
      1-2 pounds ground beef
      1 large onion, sliced
      salt and pepper
      1 tsp garlic powder
      dash hot sauce
      1 cup rice, uncooked
      28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
      lemon juice to taste

      Cover bottom of a large crockpot with cabbage. Layer
      remaining ingredients in the order given. Cook on Low
      for 8-10 hours... the longer the better.

      Feel free to visit my website!
      www.ld.net/?kseiler

    • nutzzz
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 7, 2004
        To whoever submitted the recipe using salsa as a substitute for tomato sauce in stuffed peppers, thank you, thank you, thank you! It was Delicious with a capital D. :)

        My husband is right now finishing the one leftover pepper, which I really wanted to arm wrestle him for but decided to let him have it since he so seldom likes a new recipe!

        Thanks again,

        Kay

        *Pray for the peace of Jerusalem (Psalm 122)