June 2004 Recipe of the Month Contest Winner

  • Kim Malo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2004
      See, I wasn't kidding that every vote counts. It was a close contest all
      month long, but a late surge sent one of the recipes from 3rd place into a
      tie for the winner.

      And the winners are....

      Drumroll...

      The WINNERS:
      - Meatball And Sweet Onion Subs, 18 votes, 34.62%
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/slowcooker/message/23917

      - Mexican Chicken con Maize y Black Refritos, 18 votes, 34.62%
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/slowcooker/message/23922

      And coming in a close second was

      - Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas (WW Golden Spoon Recipe), 16 votes, 30.77%
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/slowcooker/message/23921

      Please feel free to post nominating July recipes anytime. You can nominate
      any recipe you want, but things to bring to a picnic or cookout - probably
      mostly side dishes, appetizers and desserts - might be a good theme to work
      with, since it's the time of year for them and people are less apt to want
      to try the sort of heavy soup and stew main dish recipes that do so well in
      the winter. I'll re-post the full nominating/contest instuctions later
      today and will also put the above prize winning recipes up on the contest
      winner's site at http://www.geocities.com/monthlyrecipe/ by the end of the
      day.

      Thanks to all who contributed and voted.
      Kim