RE: ISO: Mom's Hot dish Recipe

  • Mary Jane Vaughn
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2004
      Is this it?

      Mom's Hot dish

      Layer in a sprayed crock in the following order:

      Sliced or chunked potatoes, peeled or not, to cover the bottom
      One bag of baby carrots or several large ones sliced
      One pound of hamburger, ground turkey or chicken, crumbled
      1 large onion, sliced or chopped
      One can of cream of mushroom soup
      One can vegetable soup
      Salt and pepper each layer if you wish

      Cook on low 6-8 hours or till potatoes and carrots are done. This tastes a
      lot like an old fashioned beef stew, the soups make a nice thick gravy for
      the vegetables.

      Mary Jane Vaughn
      Wife to Norman for 14 years
      Mom to Peter - 8 and Naomi - 4 (and Jeannie, our dog, 9)

    • Marilyn Riggs
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2004
        Mary Jane I am trying this one today. I will let you know how it turns out. :)
        Marilyn
        Layer in a sprayed crock in the following order:

        Sliced or chunked potatoes, peeled or not, to cover the bottom
        One bag of baby carrots or several large ones sliced
        One pound of hamburger, ground turkey or chicken, crumbled
        1 large onion, sliced or chopped
        One can of cream of mushroom soup
        One can vegetable soup
        Salt and pepper each layer if you wish

        Cook on low 6-8 hours or till potatoes and carrots are done. This tastes a
        lot like an old fashioned beef stew, the soups make a nice thick gravy for
        the vegetables.

        Mary Jane Vaughn
        Wife to Norman for 14 years
        Mom to Peter - 8 and Naomi - 4 (and Jeannie, our dog, 9)

        Copyright, 2004, Maria Rost Rublee.
        =====

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor