Re: [slowcooker] Noodles--I DO cook them in my crockpot

  • Glitz
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2004
      I do cook noodles in my crockpot. I have propane and save it as much as possible so cook things other people would frown upon. What I did was put my water in the crockpot, just enough to emerse them and let them boil until done then I added other things in with them and the water. I put a can of cream of chicken soup in with them and a few crushed tomatoes. I had chicken I had already prepared with onion soup mix.

      BUT in answer to your question --- I would cook the noodles until done and then drain them and continue as you normally would. It really did not take to long either :-)

      It is always a good alternative to know a different way to cook in case something happens to your primary source of cooking (gas/ propane, in my case I don't want to run out to early/ if you have electric stove it could go out) Glitz