[slowcooker] Beef Rouladen

  • Joyce
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 1999
      Happy New Year everyone.  I tried this recipe in the CP over the holidays it was very good .  I'ts a recipe I clipped several years ago from Taste of Home magazine.
      It worked great in the crock pot:

      Beef Rouladen
      1/4 Dijon mustard
      8 slices top round steak, 1/4 inch thick (about 2 pounds)
      8 slices bacon
      Salt and pepper to taste
      1 large onion, chopped
      3 tablespoons cooking oil
      3 cups beef broth
      1/3 cup flour
      1/2 cup water

      Lightly spread mustard on each slice of steak; sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Place 1 bacon strip and some onion on each slice; roll up and secure with wooden tooth picks.  Brown in a skillet in oil; drain. Place in crock pot.  Add broth and cook on high for about 6 hours.  Once meat is cooked, remove from the cp and thicken broth with flour/water.  Serve gravy over the meat rolls.
      Hope you enjoy.
      Joyce,  Squaw Valley CA

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/slowcooker
    • IrisWilson@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 23, 1999
        I've read this recipe and bought the ingredients. Question: Do I spread 1/4
        tsp. dijon mustard on each of the 8 pieces of roundsteak or am I somehow
        supposed to divide this small amt. of mustard on all 8 pieces? May be a silly
        question - but I'm just not sure.

        Also, when a crock pot recipe calls for a can of - say for instance - cream of
        mushroom soup - is that without adding the water? Do I put it in the crockpot
        undiluted?

        As you can probably see from the above questions - I'm new to this - but
        loving it. Thanks for the great recipes so far and for the advice I look
        forward to receiving.
        God bless! Iris

        eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/slowcooker
      • bearym@erols.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 26, 1999
          I just spread some on each piece. I did not measure how much I used!

          Michelle
          <63a21823.36d3478-@...> wrote:
          Original Article: http://www.egroups.com/list/slowcooker/?start=3127

          > I've read this recipe and bought the ingredients. Question: Do I spread 1/4
          > tsp. dijon mustard on each of the 8 pieces of roundsteak or am I somehow
          > supposed to divide this small amt. of mustard on all 8 pieces? May be a silly
          > question - but I'm just not sure.
          >
          > Also, when a crock pot recipe calls for a can of - say for instance - cream of
          > mushroom soup - is that without adding the water? Do I put it in the crockpot
          > undiluted?
          >
          > As you can probably see from the above questions - I'm new to this - but
          > loving it. Thanks for the great recipes so far and for the advice I look
          > forward to receiving.
          > God bless! Iris

          eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/slowcooker
        • Michel & Shawn Witherow
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 27, 1999
            Oops - I've seemed to either miss or delete the recipe for Beef Rouladen.
            Can someone send it to me please? I couldn't find it under the slowcooker
            egroups website either!

            thanks,
            Michel

            eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/slowcooker