Pepperoncini Beef

  • beth_hansen2002
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 16 4:12 AM
      Easy and so very tender. The pepperoncini's peppers are located like
      where your pickles and such are at your grocery store. The vinegar in
      the peppers breaks down the fibers in the meat.

      1 (3-4 lb.) boneless beef roast
      1 (16 oz.) jar Pepperoncini
      minced garlic (I used prepared garlic in jar)
      salt & pepper to taste (I omitted salt)

      hoagie style buns or hard rolls
      sliced tomatoes (optional)
      cheese (of your choice) (optional)
      sliced onions (optional)

      Season your roast with salt & pepper, rub minced garlic all over the
      roast.
      Pour a little of the juice from the pepperoncini in the bottom of the
      slow cooker. Then put in with the roast. Then pour in the rest of the
      jar of pepperonicini.
      Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Take out (discard pepperonicini's) and
      shred. It literally falls apart.
      Serve on buns with the tomatoes, sliced cheese of your choice.
    • Cindy
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 17 7:23 AM
        This is very much like my Italian Beef recipe. I use all of this,
        plus a can of beer and some diced onions and cook it till it's
        falling apart. I do ususally drain off some of the liquid before
        making into sandwiches.

        Cindy

        > Easy and so very tender. The pepperoncini's peppers are located
        like
        > where your pickles and such are at your grocery store. The vinegar
        in
        > the peppers breaks down the fibers in the meat.
        >

        > 1 (3-4 lb.) boneless beef roast
        > 1 (16 oz.) jar Pepperoncini
        > minced garlic (I used prepared garlic in jar)
        > salt & pepper to taste (I omitted salt)
        >
        > hoagie style buns or hard rolls
        > sliced tomatoes (optional)
        > cheese (of your choice) (optional)
        > sliced onions (optional)
        >
        > Season your roast with salt & pepper, rub minced garlic all over
        the
        > roast.
        > Pour a little of the juice from the pepperoncini in the bottom of
        the
        > slow cooker. Then put in with the roast. Then pour in the rest of
        the
        > jar of pepperonicini.
        > Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Take out (discard pepperonicini's) and
        > shred. It literally falls apart.
        > Serve on buns with the tomatoes, sliced cheese of your choice.
      • joy espinosa
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 17 8:25 AM
          I also loved this recipe! Very easy and very good. However, I did not
          discard the pepperoncini but put them on the platter w/ the roast
          when serving. They added a nice touch of flavor w/ the meat. The kids
          didn't eat them but DH and I loved them!
          Joy
        • PM5954
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 22, 2007
            My daughter sent me this recipe. I tried it yesterday with a chuck roast and
            it is awesome. I am thinking of trying it with beef stew meat and maybe even
            sliced banana peppers next time

            Pepperoncini Beef

            1 3 lb. bottom round roast (an inexpensive cut that
            works well. I paid $1.48 a pound this week)
            1 (12-16 oz.) Pepperoncini peppers
            1 envelope Good Seasons Italian dressing mix
            1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
            At least four cloves of garlic, peeled and cut in thirds. (More if you are a
            garlic lover like me!)

            Put roast in crock-pot and rub it with the Good Seasons mix and Italian
            seasoning on all sides. Poke holes in it with a steak knife and insert the
            slivers of garlic into the holes.
            Remove stems from pepperoncinis, then just throw them into the crock
            pot WITH THE JUICE/VINEGAR they came in. Trust me.
            Cook in the crock-pot on low for 10-12 hours, or on high for 5-6 hours.
            Shred it up with a fork and enjoy!

          • Auntie J
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 28, 2007
              This is excellent! We had it tonight (pot roasts on sale this week!) and
              it's a keeper!

              Thanks for sharing this recipe.

              On 1/23/07, PM5954 <PM5954@...> wrote:

              > My daughter sent me this recipe. I tried it yesterday with a chuck roast
              > and
              > it is awesome. I am thinking of trying it with beef stew meat and maybe
              > even
              > sliced banana peppers next time
              >
              > Pepperoncini Beef
              >
              > 1 3 lb. bottom round roast (an inexpensive cut that
              > works well. I paid $1.48 a pound this week)
              > 1 (12-16 oz.) Pepperoncini peppers
              > 1 envelope Good Seasons Italian dressing mix
              > 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
              > At least four cloves of garlic, peeled and cut in thirds. (More if you are
              > garlic lover like me!)
              >
              > Put roast in crock-pot and rub it with the Good Seasons mix and Italian
              > seasoning on all sides. Poke holes in it with a steak knife and insert the
              > slivers of garlic into the holes.
              >
              > Remove stems from pepperoncinis, then just throw them into the crock pot
              > WITH THE JUICE/VINEGAR they came in. Trust me.
              >
              > Cook in the crock-pot on low for 10-12 hours, or on high for 5-6 hours.
              > Shred it up with a fork and enjoy!

            • connie427
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 29, 2007
                This recipe sounds good since we like pepperoncinis. Because
                sometimes these peppers are rather hot, is this on the hot and spicy
                side? I'd like to try it, but hesitate knowing how hot and spicy
                these pepppers can be.

                Thanks,
                Connie

                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 29, 2007
                  I found the beef to be very flavorful and not spicy hot, which would have
                  spoiled it for me. Didn't eat the peppers, though, just the beef. The
                  Good Seasons packet adds a lot of spice and flavor but no heat.

                  My DBF loves pepperoncini and he remarked that the peppers didn't seem very
                  hot/spicy after 8 hours of cooking.

                  Hope that helps!

                  On 1/29/07, connie427 <connie427@...> wrote:

                  > This recipe sounds good since we like pepperoncinis. Because
                  > sometimes these peppers are rather hot, is this on the hot and spicy
                  > side? I'd like to try it, but hesitate knowing how hot and spicy
                  > these pepppers can be.
                  >
                  > Thanks,
                  > Connie
                  >
                  > This is excellent! We had it tonight (pot roasts on sale this
                  > week!) and
                  > it's a keeper!
                  >
                  > > Thanks for sharing this recipe.
                  > >
                  > > On 1/23/07, PM5954 <PM5954@...> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > My daughter sent me this recipe. I tried it yesterday with a
                  > chuck roast
                  > > > and
                  > > > it is awesome. I am thinking of trying it with beef stew meat
                  > and maybe
                  > > > even
                  > > > sliced banana peppers n
                  > > > 1 3 lb. bottom round roast (an inexpensive cut that
                  > > > works well. I paid $1.48 a pound this week)
                  > > > 1 (12-16 oz.) Pepperoncini peppers
                  > > > 1 envelope Good Seasons Italian dressing mix
                  > > > 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
                  > > > At least four cloves of garlic, peeled and cut in thirds. (More
                  > if you are
                  > > > garlic lover like me!)
                  > > >
                  > > > Put roast in crock-pot and rub it with the Good Seasons mix and
                  > Italian
                  > > > seasoning on all sides. Poke holes in it with a steak knife and
                  > insert the
                  > > > slivers of garlic into the holes.
                  > > >
                  > > > Remove stems from pepperoncinis, then just throw them into the
                  > crock pot
                  > > > WITH THE JUICE/VINEGAR they came in. Trust me.
                  > > >
                  > > > Cook in the crock-pot on low for 10-12 hours, or on high for 5-6
                  > hours.

                • PM5954
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 29, 2007
                    Its not hot at all, I was surprised with the lack of heat.

                    _____

                    This recipe sounds good since we like pepperoncinis. Because
                    sometimes these peppers are rather hot, is this on the hot and spicy
                    side? I'd like to try it, but hesitate knowing how hot and spicy
                    these pepppers can be.

                    Thanks,
                    Connie

                    This is excellent! We had it tonight (pot roasts on sale this
                    week!) and
                    it's a keeper!

                    > Thanks for sharing this recipe.
                    >
                    > On 1/23/07, PM5954 <PM5954@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > My daughter sent me this recipe. I tried it yesterday with a
                    chuck roast
                    > > and
                    > > it is awesome. I am thinking of trying it with beef stew meat
                    and maybe
                    > > even
                    > > sliced banana peppers n
                    > > 1 3 lb. bottom round roast (an inexpensive cut that
                    > > works well. I paid $1.48 a pound this week)
                    > > 1 (12-16 oz.) Pepperoncini peppers
                    > > 1 envelope Good Seasons Italian dressing mix
                    > > 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
                    > > At least four cloves of garlic, peeled and cut in thirds. (More
                    if you are
                    > > garlic lover like me!)
                    > >
                    > > Put roast in crock-pot and rub it with the Good Seasons mix and
                    Italian
                    > > seasoning on all sides. Poke holes in it with a steak knife and
                    insert the
                    > > slivers of garlic into the holes.
                    > >
                    > > Remove stems from pepperoncinis, then just throw them into the
                    crock pot
                    > > WITH THE JUICE/VINEGAR they came in. Trust me.
                    > >
                    > > Cook in the crock-pot on low for 10-12 hours, or on high for 5-6
                    hours.

                  • Linda
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 30, 2007
                      Hello all! Although I've been a member of this great group for a while
                      now, this is my first posting. Couldn't believe coming across this
                      recipe today. Just last night I finally picked up some pepperoncinis
                      to, finally, make this recipe (have had recipe for 2-3 years now!)&
                      was going on to hubby about hoping to be able to find my recipe.

                      Anyway... maybe it's posted here somewhere & I missed it, but the
                      recipe I have states for the pepperoncinis to be NOT something... was
                      it NOT pickled (the kind I bought).

                      Thanks
                      Linda

                      Message 10 of 16 , Jan 31, 2007
                        Linda,

                        Here's the one that was posted recently.

                        On 1/30/07, Linda <berry_gen@...> wrote:

                        > Hello all! Although I've been a member of this great group for a while
                        > now, this is my first posting. Couldn't believe coming across this
                        > recipe today. Just last night I finally picked up some pepperoncinis
                        > to, finally, make this recipe (have had recipe for 2-3 years now!)&
                        > was going on to hubby about hoping to be able to find my recipe.
                        >
                        > Anyway... maybe it's posted here somewhere & I missed it, but the
                        > recipe I have states for the pepperoncinis to be NOT something... was
                        > it NOT pickled (the kind I bought).
                        >
                        > Thanks
                        > Linda

                      • Linda
                        Message 11 of 16 , Feb 2 2:22 PM
                          Thank you, Auntie J. Yes, this is the recipe I have, but still can't
                          find! It sounds like I did buy the right kind of peppers. Either way,
                          I'm going to use them in the recipe next weekend.

                          Linda

                          --- In slowcooker@yahoogroups.com, "Auntie J" <auntiej500@...> wrote:

                          > Linda,
                          >
                          > Here's the one that was posted recently.
                          >
                          > Pepperoncini Beef
                          >
                          > 1 3 lb. bottom round roast (an inexpensive cut that
                          > works well. I paid $1.48 a pound this week)
                          > 1 (12-16 oz.) Pepperoncini peppers
                          > 1 envelope Good Seasons Italian dressing mix
                          > 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
                          > At least four cloves of garlic, peeled and cut in thirds. (More if
                          you are a
                          > garlic lover like me!)
                          >
                          > Put roast in crock-pot and rub it with the Good Seasons mix and Italian
                          > seasoning on all sides. Poke holes in it with a steak knife and
                          insert the
                          > slivers of garlic into the holes.
                          > Remove stems from pepperoncinis, then just throw them into the crock
                          > pot WITH THE JUICE/VINEGAR they came in. Trust me.
                          > Cook in the crock-pot on low for 10-12 hours, or on high for 5-6 hours.
                          > Shred it up with a fork and enjoy!
                        • Dorie
                          Message 12 of 16 , Mar 3, 2009
                            Pepperoncini Beef

                            1 (3 pound) beef chuck roast
                            4 cloves garlic, sliced
                            1 (16 ounce) jar pepperoncini

                            Make small cuts in roast, and insert garlic slices in cuts. Place roast in the slow cooker, and pour the entire contents of the jar of pepperoncini, including liquid, over meat.
                            Cover, and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.

                            Dorie
                            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DoriesDeliciousDishes/

                          • jlknox99
                            Message 13 of 16 , Mar 3, 2009
                              We have had a similar version of this.. it makes delicious sandwiches

                               The Cardinal Conundrum:

                              An Optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds.
                              A pessimist fears this is true.

                              -Page 30 of The Complete Murphy's Law

                              ________________________________

                              Message 14 of 16 , Mar 6, 2009
                                Myron the Magnificent posted this recipe in 1999.

                                What goes around....

                              • Myron Menaker
                                Message 15 of 16 , Mar 6, 2009
                                  Coincidentally, as you Crocker-Dudes and Dudettes were making the
                                  "Amazing Beef," I had a roast in the crockpot. I call it "Beef Thru the
                                  Garden," as I used giardiniera instead of just the peperoncini. The
                                  giardiniera (means "gardener" in Italian) adds a bit of color, as it
                                  consists of pickled cauliflower, peppers, garlic and carrots. It was
                                  delicious, and I finished the last little bit for lunch today! Try it,
                                  you'll like it!

                                  Myron the Magnificent

                                  j anderson wrote:
                                  > Myron the Magnificent posted this recipe in 1999.
                                  >

                                  > What goes around....

                                  '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
                                  Greetings from Daytona Beach, Florida |
                                  \ /
                                  ~, .-'-.
                                  /| -- / \ --
                                  ~^~`^~^`^~ / |\ ~^~~^~``~~^~~^^~^~^-=======-~^~^~^~~^~~^~^~
                                  ~^~ ~^~ ^~ /__|_\~^~ ~^~^~^~_~^~^_~-=========- -~^~^~^^~^_~
                                  ~^~ ~^~^ ~ '======' `~^-~~^~-^~^_~^~~ -=====- ~^~^~-~^~^~^~~^~
                                  jgs ~^~ ~^ ~^~ ~^~^ ~^~-~^~~^~-~^~~-~^~^~-~^~~^-~^~^~^-~^~^~^~
                                  Myron Menaker
                                  myronm@... "Vroom....Vroom....It's Bike Week!"
                                  '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

                                • Laura Lea
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Apr 28, 2010
                                    Pepperoncini Beef

                                    1 (3 pound) beef chuck roast
                                    4 cloves garlic, sliced
                                    1 (16 ounce) jar pepperoncini

                                    Make small cuts in roast, and insert garlic slices in cuts. Place roast in crock pot, and pour the entire contents of the jar of pepperoncini, including liquid, over meat. Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.

                                    Serve on sub rolls with cheese

                                    God gives us hurdles to try to get over, but also gives us great blessings!!! We just gotta realize  them when they arrive and thank him for them,cause we learn from both !!!!

                                    Laura Lea