January Recipe of the Month Contest winner

  • Kim Malo
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2004
      Wow. I kept peeking all month, and as Maria said, this was one hot contest.
      Lots of votes and neck and neck from the moment opened. And the funny thing
      is that paralleling the primaries even more, there really were two close
      contests. Not just the race for winner vs runner up, but the race for
      bronze vs out of the medals was just as tight.

      [drumroll]

      The WINNER:
      - Creamy Italian Chicken (21584), 35 votes, 38.04%
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/slowcooker/message/21584

      Coming in a close second:
      - Chicken w/40 Cloves of Garlic (21734), 32 votes, 34.78%
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/slowcooker/message/21436

      And the Bronze winner is
      - Classic Beef Chili (21550), 13 votes, 14.13%
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/slowcooker/message/21550
      Which, FWIW, was my vote, since I've been living on it for a considerable
      portion of January.

      Thanks to all for participating and congrads to the winner. There are
      archive links to the recipes above and they will be up by end of day Sunday
      on the contest winner site at http://www.geocities.com/monthlyrecipe/

      Please feel free to start nominating February recipes at any time. I'll do
      the full post repeating the detailed instructions in a day or so. Just to
      give people ideas - maybe something that was a huge success at your Super
      Bowl party or that you would make for your Valentine to show them how much
      you love them. Like that delicious sounding chicken recipe from "How to
      Make Love and Dinner at the Same Time" that was posted back in December.
      Just the recipe source has to give that one an edge <g>
      Kim
    • Kim Malo
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2004
        Oops, sorry about that. I THOUGHT I was wide awake. Should be
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/slowcooker/message/21734
        Thanks to Myron for flagging the error and trying to save me embarassment
        by doing it offline <g>

        Kim