Gingerbread pudding recipe

  • annie_anne52
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 30, 2003
      Have a friend who just mentioned that she would like to find a recipe
      for Gingerbread Pudding--- obviously done in the crockpot. I have
      never heard of this. Did a search in the archives and nothing shows
      up. Have any of you ever heard of this, or know how a recipe could
      be adapted for this. I think it sounds yummy! TIA

      ~~anne~~
    • Kim
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2003
        Hey Annie-
        Do you know more detail of what she's talking about? Because my first thought wasn't a pudding per se but a gingerbread version of the triple chocolate mess, which is more like a pudding cake. You can find it in the archives along with some other suggestions for variations (and I could swear I'd seen a gingerbread one, but couldn't find it on a quick search myself). Here's one recent posting of the TCM http://groups.yahoo.com/group/slowcooker/message/20151
        and what I think I'd do for gingerbread is obviously use a gingerbread cake mix (double check proportions, you might need 1 1/2 or 2 mixes, since gingerbread mixes are sometimes teabread size), skip the chips or use white chocolate ones or even brickle bits for a bit of texture. You could probably use raisins or even a few pieces of candied ginger too. And then on the pudding I'd go with custard, french vanilla, cheesecake or even lemon flavored. Banana would work well too I think, I just don't care much for bananas.

        Is that anything like what you were looking for?
        Kim

        Have a friend who just mentioned that she would like to find a recipe
        for Gingerbread Pudding--- obviously done in the crockpot. I have
        never heard of this. Did a search in the archives and nothing shows
        up. Have any of you ever heard of this, or know how a recipe could
        be adapted for this. I think it sounds yummy! TIA

        ~~anne~~

        Copyright, 2002, Maria Rost Rublee.

      • Marilyn Southmayd
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2003
          For those who might be interested, I found the following Gingerbread
          Pudding recipes using alltheweb.com. They are not crockpot recipes but
          could be modified with little effort, I think.

          Warm Gingerbread Pudding
          http://lhj.bhg.com/bhg/recipe/recipedetail.jhtml?recipeId=8323

          Gingerbread Christmas Pudding with Orange Hard Sauce
          http://www.recipehound.com/Recipes/3826.html

          Apple Gingerbread Bread Pudding
          The Oval Door Bed and Breakfast
          Eugene, Oregon