October Recipe of the Month Contest winner

  • Kim Malo
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2003
      Or should I say winners. Because it's a dead heat, which I think is
      appropriate because the voting has been going back and forth neck and neck
      all month long, as if there wasn't a clear favorite, just two great recipes...

      [drumroll......]

      The WINNERS (in alphabetical order):
      Spiced Nuts 22 Votes 50%
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/slowcooker/message/20681
      Swiss Chicken Crockpot Casserole 22 Votes 50%
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/slowcooker/message/20666

      Thanks to all for participating and congrads to the winners. You can link
      to the recipes above and they are also up on the contest winner site
      at http://www.geocities.com/monthlyrecipe/

      Please feel free to start nominating November recipes at any time. I'll do
      the full post repeating the detailed instructions in a day or so.
      Kim
    • Kim Malo
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2006
        I always try to guess which one I think will be
        the winner, and I had it pegged this time, based
        on discussion on the list about the recipe. But
        it was a tight 1-2 contest all month long, with
        the winner finally breaking away a bit at the end.

        Not a lot of votes this month, but some good
        recipes to add to the winners' site for people to
        find going forward. They're all nice autumn rib
        stickers and the sort of thing you'd love to come
        home after a long day with it already dark (one
        of the things I hate about approaching winter) to
        a kitchen filled with the comforting smell.

        So without any more ado.

        Drumroll...

        The WINNER:
        - Horseshoe Mountain Beans Ranch (31780), 17 votes, 54.84%
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/slowcooker/message/31780

        First Runner Up
        - Slowcooker Pepper Steak (31779), 12 votes, 38.71%
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/slowcooker/message/31779

        Second Runner Up
        - Burgumbo a la BarbĀ© (31811), 2 votes, 6.45%
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/slowcooker/message/31811

        Congrads!. The recipes will be up on the contest
        winner's site at
        http://malincholia.com/slowcookerwinners.htm
        tonight or tomorrow, although you can also check
        them using the above links to the nominating posts.

        Please feel free to post nominating November
        recipes anytime. Any kind of recipe is fine, but
        we're really looking for TNT favorites that if
        someone was just getting introduced to
        slowcooking or hadn't liked anything they'd tried
        yet, you would want to be sure to share with
        them. The sort of thing that will become their new family favorites.

        This might be a good time to start thinking of
        ways to use up the slowcooker for Thanksgiving
        dinner. Things like how you use it for mashed
        potatoes or stuffing or other basic sides might
        seem to you too basic to nominate, but they're
        things that get regularly asked on the list and
        so obviously popular ideas that it would also be
        good to have an easy reference to on the contest winners' site.

        Or maybe you do more complicated sides in the
        slowcooker. Does anyone cook a cranberry sauce in
        it? Do their sweet potato casserole in their
        slowcooker? What about the turkey itself?

        I'll re-post the entire detailed rules soon, but
        basically: You can nominate any kind of recipe
        other than ones that are past winners & runners
        up. Those can be checked on the winner site at
        http://malincholia.com/slowcookerwinners.htm

        To nominate, please post or re-post to the
        list, ***specifying in the subject that it's a
        nomination*** so I don't miss it (I don't read
        every word of every post) and ***including the
        recipe in your post***. Also please include the
        source (just something to give credit where
        credit is due whenever possible, even if it's
        very general because say you know it was a former
        neighbor, but not which one), and a quick sales pitch about why you liked it.

        Thanks for participating
        Kim