Re: [slowcooker] Re: NEW model programable crock pot-REVIEW

  • Terri Bryant
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 2, 2003
      No this is just a regular smart pot. It is just very improved from the old
      one.
      Here is a link to the one you want, it's on sale for $79

      http://www.kitchenetc.com/Products.cfm?sku=000896092&trackingid=cmjctn&AID=10274067&PID=1334648

      --
      ====================================
      Terri Mom to Ashley, Lauren and Bradley!!
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 2, 2003
        Model number is 5855C off my box. On the front of the box at the top it
        says Gourmet. It cost $50 instead of $35 (the older version is down to
        this price now) At the store you'll be able to tell. The old pot doesn't
        have the up/down arrows or the high/warm/low button. Any other questions
        just let me know!

        Here is a picture and description of the 6 quart model (Target didn't have
        that one) The 5.5 qt is slightly different, the black goes from under the
        handle the bottom and the handle is a black knob curved in for easy pickup.

        https://stores.rivalproducts.com/b2crival/b2c/init.do

        ====================================
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 2, 2003
          This link has a nice picture. I see the link I sent to the Rival site
          default to another page when pasted, sorry about that. At our Target the
          are 49 not 59 as quoted on the web site.

          http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/602-0357730-
          3772636?asin=B00008KIWH&alt%5fview=images#images

          On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 13:25:11 -0500, Terri Bryant <bryants05@...>
          wrote:

          > Model number is 5855C off my box. On the front of the box at the top it
          --
          ====================================
          Terri Mom to Ashley, Lauren and Bradley!!
          ====================================
        • Nicole Jackson
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 2, 2003
            Does anyone know where I can get a GOOD 8 quart crockpot? We're a family of
            4 plus a baby. So soon I'll be cooking for 5 of us with an extra child in
            the summers. The 5.5 we have now is almost too small. Thanks.

            Nicole
            Who takes a child by the hand, takes the mother by the heart. Danish
            Proverb.

            ---
          • ARMSTRONG, CHARLOTTE A. (JSC-OD3) (USA)
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 2, 2003
              Try a slowcooker -- like a roaster. Nesco makes one I believe. They are 12
              qts or so. They have the big insert and a double or triple insert for
              cooking in.

              .··-.¸.-··. (`'·.¸(`'·.¸ ¸.·'´)¸.·'´) .··-.¸.-··.
              `·. .·´ «´¨`·..*  Charlotte  *..·´¨`» `·. .·`
                      `·´ (¸.·'´(¸.·'´ `'·.¸)`'·.¸) `·´

                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 3, 2003
                  I did a search and really didn't find anything larger than 7 qt, I know
                  some people use a Nesco Roaster like a crock pot and they go from 4 to 18
                  qt. Have you considered that?

                  On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 18:48:55 -0600, Nicole Jackson <mrsjackson@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Does anyone know where I can get a GOOD 8 quart crockpot? We're a family
                  --
                  ====================================
                  Terri Mom to Ashley, Lauren and Bradley!!
                  ====================================
                • P.Paige Ferriot
                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 3, 2003
                    I have never seen an 8qt crockpot, but nesco and rival
                    both make 8 qt roastes, that can be used as
                    slowcookers, and the temp dial goes as low as (I
                    believe) 200. That's what I would recomend.

                    =====
                    P.Paige Ferriot
                    Independent Avon Representative
                    Soloist, soprano