Re: Chipped Lid

  • Myron Menaker
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2003
      Dear Myra,

      I agree with David....there are numerous places to buy replacement lids.
      I've seen many at our large flea market!

      Hint: make a cardboard template (cutout) of your crockpot lid...keep in
      your car to check against any lids which you happen to encounter. I have
      bought several lids for $1.00 or less, over the years.

      Happy hunting!

      Myron (aka Beach Boy)

      PS You're all invited to:
      ...... "Cooking with Beach Boy," Sunday at 9pm ET, at:
      http://busycooks.about.com/gi/chat/cs.htm

      David Neeley wrote:

      > Greetings!
      >
      > Someone asked about replacement lids.
      >
      > Nearly every Goodwill or Salvation Army thrift store will
      > frequently have either lids of various kinds or entire
      > crockpots very inexpensively. I bought a six-quart Rival
      > pot that was perfect in all respects for $4 last week.
      >
      > I have also seen lids of all sorts that would work very
      > well, often for less than $1.

      Myron Menaker Daytona Beach FL USA
      myronm@... |
      \ / _\/_