Re: [slowcooker] i need a recipe!

  • Myron Menaker
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2003
      >>>The man who fell into an upholstery machine is now fully recovered...

      Never try to out-pun a punster! Remember the butcher who
      backed into the sausage-maker? He got a little behind in his work!

      Yes, Rita....that's almost how I do ribs. I cook overnight on low in a
      little water to remove the fat. Then discard the water, add the BBQ
      sauce and heat up for a while. Once, I uncovered the pot and crocked on
      high for a more nearly grilled texture....it was pretty good!

      You know where I am!

      Myron

      Rita Weirich wrote:

      > This was as simple as putting the ribs in the pot and pouring BBQ
      > sauce on them. Then, after cooking 8 hours or so on low, pouring off
      > the old sauce and "rib juice", then adding more sauce. Or, after
      > pouring off the sauce and juice, finish them off in the oven or on the
      > grill for a thicker sauce consistency

      --------========********<O>********========-------------
      Myron Menaker Daytona Beach FL USA
      myronm@... |
      \ / _\/_
      Keep the Whole World Singing! |
    • Doug and Linda
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 30, 2003
        Here's one version using the technique of draining the ribs and then cooking
        then with additional sauce:

        http://busycooks.about.com/library/recipes/blbbqribs.htm