Cooks too fast -- Help!

  • kelly coticchia
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2003
      I'm just joining the discussion, so I apologize in
      advance if I'm asking something that's already been
      covered. I have 2 crockpots -- a small one (3-4 qt.
      Hamilton Beach) and a 5-qt Rival. The Hamilton
      Beach is hand-me-down that is more than 2 years old
      and the Rival is brand new. Both cook too fast. For
      example, I recently made a pork roast recipe that
      called for cooking on HI for 4-5 hours. The roast was
      over 190 degrees in an hour and a half. Recipes also
      cook to fast on the LOW setting. Any suggestions for
      determining the problem, in
      addition to the water test? What are the chances that
      2 crockpots from different manufacturers, one old and
      one new, would both cook too quickly? All suggestions
      are appreciated. I really want to
      make crockpot cooking work, but I'm about to give up
      on it.

      Thanks!
      Kelly

      http://search.yahoo.com