Re: [slowcooker] RE: Slowcooker meatloaf

  • Chuck/Lola
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2003
      Although I haven't tried it in meatloaf, I used to put it in sloppy joes to
      help stretch it out(save money). I got that tip from my step-mother--she
      used to put it in sloppy joes for the kids at elementary school when she
      was helping with hot lunches--it saved money and made them at least a
      little bit healthy. Cabbage is quite bland and will take on the taste of
      the other ingredients. If you shred it finely, they won't know the
      difference if you don't tell them--you really can't tell that anything else
      has been added other than the usual ingredients. My family still doesn't
      know that I used to do that LOL!!
      Lola