Request -Re: [slowcooker] Converting recipes into crockpot recipes?

  • Glory Parker
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2003
      I have a 1 quart Rival Crock-ette and the following is the time guide that
      is in the instruction book.

      If Recipe Says: Cook in Crock-ette:

      15 to 30 minutes ------------4 to 8 hours*
      35 to 45 minutes-------------6 to 10 hours*
      50 minutes to 3 hours ------8 to 18 hours*

      *Most uncooked meat and vegetable combinations will require at least 8 hours

      And, do not add as much water a some recipes indicate as liquids don't "boil
      away" as in conventional cooking.

      Herbs and Spices: Leaf or whole herbs and spices are preferred, but their
      flavor power may increase - use half recommended amount. If you use ground
      herbs and spices, add during last hour of cooking.

      The Crock-ette does not have a Slow and High setting - just Off or On - but
      it cooks about the same as my larger crockpots do set on Low.

      Good Luck,

      Glory in NM
      missnellie@...