RE: [slowcooker] Question about CP chicken and dumplings

  • Jennifer Willer
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2002
      Kind of an easy recipe with the refrigerator biscuits but my dh and 3
      year old love it!
      Jen
      Chicken and Dumplings

      4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
      2 tbsp butter
      2 cans cream of chicken soup
      1 onion, finely diced
      2 packages of refrigerated biscuit dough
      water to cover

      to make chicken:
      place the chicken, butter, soup and onion in crock and
      fill with water to cover. Turn to high and cook
      5-hours or until chicken is cooked through and no
      longer pink.

      to make dumplings:
      about 30 minutes before serving, take apart dough and
      place biscuits onto mixture in crock. the biscuits
      will turn into the dumplings. test readiness of
      dumplings by cutting one in half; if the center is
      cooked the dumplings are ready to eat.

      Col. 4:6
      "Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned
      with salt, so that you may know how to answer
      everyone."