CROCK - POT TURKEY SOUP

  • Denise
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2002
      CROCK - POT TURKEY SOUP

      Carcass, wings & bones of 1 leftover
      turkey
      2 stalks celery with leaves
      2 carrots, cut in chunks
      2 bay leaves
      1/2 tsp. basil
      1/2 tsp. marjoram

      Remove all meat from the bones and carcass and refrigerate. Break bones and carcass up into pieces small enough to fit into a 4 or 5 quart crock pot. Add remaining ingredients and 3 quarts of water. Cover and simmer on the low setting for 24 hours. Strain broth, and refrigerate overnight in a clean bowl. Discard vegetables and bones. The next day, remove the fat that has congealed on the surface of the broth. Place in a large kettle and bring slowly to the boil. Add: 1 1/2 c. chopped celery
      1 1/2 c. chopped carrots
      1/2 c. chopped parsley

      Simmer for 15 minutes. Add 3/4 cup parsley and simmer for another 15 minutes or so. Salt and pepper to taste and add 1 cup noodles or other small soup pasta. Simmer until the pasta, barley and vegetables are tender. Add 1 to 2 cups leftover turkey (or however much you need to get rid of) and return to boiling. Makes approximately 3 to 4 quarts and freezes well.

      Denise Jo
      I'm not 40 something. I'm $39.95 plus shipping and handling.

      www.theanimalrescuesite.com