Re: stuffing in a crockpot

  • Kim Kawinski
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2002
      Hi,
      This is in request to condyles@... request for stuffing in a
      crockpot. It does take more than 3 hours (sorry!). I have to admit I
      didn't follow it to the letter ( I left out mushrooms and used preseasoned
      stuffing bread already cut up--I know, I cheat). But it turned out great.
      Happy Thanksgiving. Kim

      Dressing in a Crock Pot

      1/2 cup margarine
      2 cups chopped onion
      2 cups chopped celery
      1/4 cup parsley
      1- 8 oz. jar sliced mushrooms, drained
      12 cups dry bread, broken into pieces
      1 tsp. poultry seasoning
      2 well-beaten eggs
      1 1/2 tsp. salt*
      1 1/2 tsp. sage
      1 tsp. dried thyme
      1/2 tsp marjoram
      3 1/2 to 4 1/2 cups chicken or turkey broth *( I use canned, but be
      mindful that, if it contains salt, it might be too salty with the above
      salt added).

      Melt butter in skillet & saute onion, celery, parsley and mushrooms, Pour
      over bread pieces in a large bowl. Add all seasonings & toss well. Pour in
      broth. Add beaten eggs & mix together well. Pack lightly into crock pot.
      Cover & set on high 45 minutes, then to low for 4-6 hours.

      > Dressing for Thanksgiving turkey, etc - I've never done it in a CP. Does
      anyone have a great recipe that only takes 3 hours?