Re: [slowcooker] To Spice or not to Spice

  • Lorraine
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2002
      I've noticed the same thing and have posted about it as well. What
      I've finally figured out is that whatever I'd put in for seasonings
      on stovetop or oven, I need to double the amount for the crockpot.
      The other option that my father-in-law mentioned when I was talking
      to him about it (he likes to cook too), is to try seasoning at the
      end if it's something that is "stirable" because some seaonsing lose
      their potentcy when cooked for long periods of time.

      Hope that helps.
      Lorraine in RI

      --- annsaw3712 <annsaw3712@...> wrote:
      > Greeting; :))
      >
      > I have a problem seasoning my food in the slowcooker. I think I've
      >
      > put enough into my meat to leave it flavorful; but after it's
      > cooked
      > no taste what so ever! What am I doing wrong?!

      =====
      I've got to get back to work. When I stop rowing, the slaveship just goes in circles.

      http://webhosting.yahoo.com/