To Spice or not to Spice

  • annsaw3712
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2002
      Greeting; :))

      I have a problem seasoning my food in the slowcooker. I think I've
      put enough into my meat to leave it flavorful; but after it's cooked
      no taste what so ever! What am I doing wrong?!
    • Catt
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 31, 2002
        I always season my meat while it is raw with Lawry's seasoned salt and some
        pepper. Onion powder is also a good seasoning for ground beef. But you have
        to do it while it is raw, or at least in my opinion you do.

        Catt
      • Lorraine
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 31, 2002
          I've noticed the same thing and have posted about it as well. What
          I've finally figured out is that whatever I'd put in for seasonings
          on stovetop or oven, I need to double the amount for the crockpot.
          The other option that my father-in-law mentioned when I was talking
          to him about it (he likes to cook too), is to try seasoning at the
          end if it's something that is "stirable" because some seaonsing lose
          their potentcy when cooked for long periods of time.

          Hope that helps.
          Lorraine in RI

          --- annsaw3712 <annsaw3712@...> wrote:
          > Greeting; :))
          >
          > I have a problem seasoning my food in the slowcooker. I think I've
          >
          > put enough into my meat to leave it flavorful; but after it's
          > cooked
          > no taste what so ever! What am I doing wrong?!

          =====
          I've got to get back to work. When I stop rowing, the slaveship just goes in circles.

          http://webhosting.yahoo.com/