The No-Peek recipe

  • Catt
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
      This recipe was one my mom made for years, because she could use the
      cheapest cuts of beef. You can easily adapt this to the crock pot, just cook
      it on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7 hours.

      Catt's "No Peek" Casserole

      1 1/2 pounds beef, cut into bite sized pieces
      1 can mushroom soup
      1 package dry onion soup mix
      1 can mushrooms
      2/3 cup red wine or milk

      Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

      Brown meat over high heat. Lower heat and add the rest of the ingredients.
      Mix well. Pour into lightly greased covered casserole dish and bake for 2
      1/2 hours. No peeking!

      Remove from oven and serve over hot noodles or buttered rice.

      This is so good, and your house smells wonderful!

      Use the cheapest cuts of beef you can find. That is another reason I loved
      it!

      You know what I love the most? I posted this on MC, and from there,
      everyone told what they did to make the dish different, to make the dish
      their own. We improvised, and improved. If you posted on MC, please
      respond to this email and tell everyone how you changed this casserole. Or
      what you served it with. And what everyone had to say about it.
    • BettyCrock@aol.com