Re: [slowcooker] Recipie Software

  • Lorraine
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31 4:05 PM
      Hello -
      I have a recipe program called Cook'n Suite 3 in 1 put out by DVO. It's really cool. I believe it was around $30 or $40 purchased at Best Buy about a year ago and includes the Cook'n Deluxe, Cook'n Fix&Forget (crockpot stuff), and Cook'n Lean CDs. You can save additional recipes to it besides the hundreds that you get with the program and it has the ability to create meal plans, menus and generate shopping lists! It's quite amazing and relatively easy to run unless you're really not computer savvy at all. I give it two-thumbs up!!!! :) Hope that helps.
      Lorraine

      Mike Kalvin wrote:[Note from moderator: Hi, everyone, Mike asks below about recipe software. This topic has come up a number of times, and even though it is sort of off-topic, I thought it would be OK to discuss now for a few days. So if you have some comments, please post in the next few days, we don't want it to run on too long!

      The basic options that I remember people recommending were: copy/paste into word processing software (which is what I do), Tree Pad (a free software program available at www.treepad.com), and MasterCook.

      Thanks, Maria]

      Hi,
      There are lots of good recipies I'm itching to try. I'd like to keep them in some software. Any
      recommendations on software programs to keep recipies? I've read a bit about some of the features
      but no idea on which features are used. Do any of you use the ability to produce shopping lists?
      Some easier/harder to use than others?

      Thanks,
      Mike

      Copyright, 2002, Maria Rost Rublee.

      I've got to get back to work. When I stop rowing, the slaveship just goes in circles.

    • Dale and Beth
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 31 6:58 PM
        I also have that program, purchased because I could put recipes in the computer program and then download them to my PDA. It's helpful when you take a dish somewhere and you are asked for the recipe, if you're near a computer you can print the recipe easily. It's also helpful when shopping because of the features Lorraine spoke of before.
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Copyright, 2002, Maria Rost Rublee.