ground beef tip

  • truckerwife1969
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 30 6:16 PM
      When a recipe calls for cooked ground beef, dont brown it in a fry
      pan, cook it in boiling water. It will be really fluffy, no
      crunchies and you don't have to watch it as much. Don't believe me,
      try it and you'll never fry again.

      Sharyl
    • Julia Vaughan
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 2002
        Are there any special instructions with regard to precooking beef this way?
        I've always browned in a skillet but would definately try this method.

        FWhen a recipe calls for cooked ground beef, dont brown it in a fry
        pan, cook it in boiling water. It will be really fluffy, no
        crunchies and you don't have to watch it as much. Don't believe me,
        try it and you'll never fry again.
      • Stephen Munson
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 2, 2002
          can you boil it if it's straight out of the freezer?

          Maria

          slowcooker-owner@yahoogroups.com
          > =====
          > Copyright, 2002, Maria Rost Rublee.
          > =====

        • Maria Munson
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 2, 2002
            I'd like to double a spaghetti sauce recipe I found (sounds easy, just 1 lb
            ground beef, 1 - 10 oz. can cream of mushroom soup and 1 - 26 oz. jar of
            prepared spaghetti sauce) in the crockpot for a church dinner but I need to
            bring the noodles already cooked to the potluck. How do I keep them from
            sticking and warm for the dinner??? Is there an easy way?
            Maria

            > When a recipe calls for cooked ground beef, dont brown it in a fry
            > pan, cook it in boiling water. It will be really fluffy, no
            > crunchies and you don't have to watch it as much. Don't believe me,
            > try it and you'll never fry again.
            >
            > Sharyl

            > To contact the list owner, send a message to
            slowcooker-owner@yahoogroups.com
            > =====
            > Copyright, 2002, Maria Rost Rublee.
            > =====

          • jdpro
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 2, 2002
              Rinse the noodles well in hot water after cooking, and
              put them in a ziplok bag. Rinsing will keep them from
              sticking. If you can, get one of those thermal bags --
              they work great. I put hot food in the thermal bag and
              it stays hot :)

              Tanya

            • truckerwife1969
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 2, 2002
                All you do is fill pan half way, like your gonna cook spaghetti and
                boil, I usually do it about med. high so it doesnt boil over. Break
                it up so it cooks throughout, (I use my potato masher, plastic so it
                doesnt scratch my pan). You can also use this method if beef is
                frozen. You can use it for any cut of meat that needs to be browned
                as well, ie for beef tips etc. It's really not a difficult process,
                easier than browning in a fry pan. Sharyl
              • Diane Markey
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 3, 2002
                  Hi Maria,

                  Here's what I would do:

                  I would make the sauce like the recipe says.
                  Cook the noodles separately. Rinse with hot water and
                  drain thoroughly.

                  Mix the prepared sauce together with the spaghetti
                  noodles in the crockpot.

                  Allow enough time for the sauce and noodles to become
                  thoroughly heated before you leave for the dinner,
                  keeping in mind that the noodles tend to obsorb a lot
                  of the sauce.

                  Once thoroughly heated, the crockpot should keep the
                  food warm for quite some time.

                  Sounds good, I'm going to try it!

                  Diane

                  http://sbc.yahoo.com