REC--Crockpot Beef

  • Libby
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1 6:04 PM
      I haven't posted in a while because I haven't tried anything new. I bought
      some chuck steak (about 1 1/2" thick) this week and threw this into the
      crockpot. I was going to make the standard beef, onion soup mix and
      mushroom soup roast, but when I reached into the pantry the envelope of
      herb and garlic soup mix jumped into my hand. I used the entire package;
      it was a tad salty--but good. I just make some skin-on mashed potatoes to
      go along and didn't add salt to them and all was well, but when I make
      again, I'll cut back on the soup mix by 1/2 or 1/4. This is certainly not
      gourmet, but it's tasty and it's easy.

      Oh, my SO thought it was great! He took the leftovers from which I had
      intended to make a couple of TV dinners. Sigh.

      Libby

      Here's my revised 'recipe':

      @@@@@
      Garlic Herb Crockpot Beef

      2 pounds chuck steak or roast
      1/2 package herb and garlic soup mix
      1 onion, cut into chunks
      1 can cream of mushroom soup

      Put beef into crockpot. Sprinkle with soup mix. Add onion and cover all
      with cream of mushroom soup.

      Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.