Feedback

  • Sheri Matheson
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2002
      I made Gina's recipe for Enchilada beef over the weekend and found it to be wonderful. I will paste it below for anyone who missed it the first time around. Thanks Gina - this one's a keeper. I used a 2 1/2 lb lean chuck roast on low for 10 hours. I ate some of the roast for supper and shredded the rest. The next day, I added some mild Pace Picante sauce, Niblets Whole Kernel Corn and some chopped Vidallia onions to the meat, microwaved whole wheat tortillas and filled them with the meat mixture, folding in the ends. I made 6 but had enough meat for probably 6 more. I placed them in a baking pan and smothered them with lots more of the Picante sauce, grated cheddar cheese and sliced black olives. I baked it until it looked done - about a half hour at 350 and did a quick check with the instant read thermometer. I also made gravey from the roast drippings and served it with the enchiladas over garlic mashed potatoes. That was great! I'm not a fan of really hot Mexican food, I'd rather have a good taste, so I did not add hot chiles or use a hotter sauce. My friend loved it and asked to have it again sometime. I am loving the left overs.

      * Exported from MasterCook *

      shredded beef

      Recipe By :
      Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
      Categories :

      3 pounds chuck roast
      2 tablespoons vegetable oil
      1 medium onion -- chopped
      2 cups beef broth
      6 cloves garlic
      1 teaspoon salt
      3/4 cup catsup
      4 tablespoons brown sugar
      2 tablespoons vinegar
      1 teaspoon dry mustard
      1/2 teaspoon chili powder
      5 drops hot sauce
      1 bay leaf
      1/4 teaspoon paprika
      1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
      1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce

      brown beef in oil on both sides. Add onion when
      meat is almost browned. Put in CP Add broth and spices; cover on low for 10-12 hrs
      Remove meat; Shred and return to juices for 1+ hrs .

      Sheri Matheson
      God Bless America