Re: [slowcooker] Re: MYRON MENAKER

  • BettyCrock@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 3, 2002
      We all know how very special our Myron is, isn't it nice the rest of the
      world thinks and knows, too?

      Another Myron Fan,
      Jann

      In a message dated 04/03/2002 12:04:01 PM Central Standard Time,
      myronm@... writes:

      << Wow, Adrienne! You made my day....indeed I *do* remember that article.
      And, those recipes...are still my favorites!

      > > "cola roast a la Myron." In the newspaper were his
      > > recipes for Amazing Beef and Asian Pork Roast.

      Thanks for the memories!

      Your neighbor across the river,

      Myron

      adriennej wrote:

      > Myron is sort of a celeb now in Daytona Beach, FL. He was featured,
      > along with several other people, in our Daytona Beach News Journal
      > Newspaper on February 24, 2000. I just happened to keep that
      > particular newspaper, began reading it and noticed Myron's name. The
      > article was called "What a Crock". Maybe Myron remembers it. In the
      > article he mentioned that he was a "dump and run" cook. He also
      > mentioned his "cola roast a la Myron." In the newspaper were his
      > recipes for Amazing Beef and Asian Pork Roast.
      >
      > A community education officer for the Daytona Beach Fire Department
      > said it's safe to use slowcookers. He said, "A crockpot is designed
      > to be left on all day." The wattage used in slowcooking is similar to
      > a light bulb and it's so low, it's almost like leaving a light on.
      >
      > How to convert recipes:
      > Conventional recipes Cooker on Low Cooker on High
      > 15 to 30 minutes 4 to 6 hours 1.5 to 2
      > hours
      > 35 to 45 minutes 6 to 10 hours 3 to 4
      > hours
      > 50 minutes to 3 hrs. 8 to 18 hours 4 to 6 hours
      >
      > Vegetables: When using dense vegetables like potatoes, carrots, or
      > other root vegetables, they should be cut no larger than 1 inch thick
      > and placed in the bottom of the pot.
      >
      > Liquids: Usually liquids may be decreased in slow cooking - about
      > half the recommended amount. Unless the dish contains rice or pasta,
      > one cup of liquid is usually enough.
      >
      > Beans: Soak beans overnight before cooking them in the slowcooker.
      >
      > Lid: Every time the lid is lifted, add another 20 minutes to the
      > overall cooking time.
      >
      > This was from Diana Rattray, Southernfood.about.com
      >
      > Hope this helps.
      >
      > Adrienne from South Daytona, Florida

    • tcb105
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 3, 2002
        I'm new to this group and am enjoying it very much. I never crocked
        so much as I have the last few weeks trying new things.

        I've notice Myron's name many times in the posts and have noticed he
        replies to any question I've asked so far. I too have become a fan.

        Thanks Myron!

        Christi
      • debbie_kt
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2, 2011
          I noticed the name, googled and got this very old post!!

          Thanks Myron!! Your "cola roast a la Myron" is a big hit in our house (which is saying something as the men are *extremely* picky :-).

          Debbie "mostly a lurker"

          --- In slowcooker@yahoogroups.com, Myron Menaker <myronm@...> wrote:
          > Wow, Adrienne! You made my day....indeed I *do* remember that article.
          > And, those recipes...are still my favorites!
          >
          > > > "cola roast a la Myron." In the newspaper were his
          > > > recipes for Amazing Beef and Asian Pork Roast.
        • Myron Menaker
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 3, 2011
            Debbie....nice to hear from you! I've been lurking a lot lately too!
            Glad you enjoyed the recipes!

            Myron...in Kansas City at the moment!

            Myron Menaker

            Daytona Beach, FL