American Chicken

  • visadelta
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2002
      Ok, first post. This is a recipe I have tried twice I think it is a
      great recipe, it comes from a book called 'slow cooking properly
      explained' by Dianne Page.

      American chicken serves 4

      cook on low for 5-9 hours

      1 onion finely chopped
      3 sticks of celery, thinly sliced
      1 Green pepper, de seeded and diced
      4 chicken quarters, skinned
      300 ml apple juice
      1 teaspoon salt
      pepper
      half a teaspoon of dried Tarragon
      1 tablespoon of cornflour
      7 oz can of sweetcorn

      Put the onion, celery and green pepper into the slow cooker. Add the
      chicken joints with seasoning and herbs. Pour over the apple juice
      and cook for the recommended time. Half an hour before serving switch
      to high. blend the cornflour with the liquor from the can of
      sweetcorn and stir into the slow cooker with the sweetcorn. Cook for
      half an hour to thicken.

      I hope you like it, I served it with mashed potatoes but what ever
      you fancy I guess