Re: [slowcooker] im wondering .............

  • Beth
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2002
      This is our favorite chili.

      Pepperoni Pizza Chili

      2 pounds ground beef
      2 (16oz) cans kidney beans
      2 (15oz) cans pizza sauce
      2 (15oz) cans italian stewed tomatoes
      1 (15oz) can tomato sauce
      3 cups water
      1 (8oz) package pepperoni slices, cut slices in half
      1 cup chopped green pepper
      2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
      2 teaspoons salt

      Brown ground beef over medium heat; drain. Place beef and rest of
      ingredients in crock pot and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Garnish with
      shredded mozzarella cheese if desired.

      Beth
    • Beth
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 3, 2002
        Hi Judy,

        I do rinse and drain the beans before adding them to the chili. It doesn't
        come out really soupy, it seems to thicken the longer it cooks. I'd say
        it's about medium thickness as far as chili goes.

        Beth