Re: [slowcooker] im wondering .............

  • Geoff and Stephanie Larsen
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2002
      Mary, what sizes are the cans & jars? I usually buy salsa in a very large
      bottle, so I need to know how much to put in.

      Thanks,
      Stephanie
      Mountlake Terrace, WA

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 3, 2002
        This is our favorite chili.

        Pepperoni Pizza Chili

        2 pounds ground beef
        2 (16oz) cans kidney beans
        2 (15oz) cans pizza sauce
        2 (15oz) cans italian stewed tomatoes
        1 (15oz) can tomato sauce
        3 cups water
        1 (8oz) package pepperoni slices, cut slices in half
        1 cup chopped green pepper
        2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
        2 teaspoons salt

        Brown ground beef over medium heat; drain. Place beef and rest of
        ingredients in crock pot and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Garnish with
        shredded mozzarella cheese if desired.

        Beth
      • Beth
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 3, 2002
          Hi Judy,

          I do rinse and drain the beans before adding them to the chili. It doesn't
          come out really soupy, it seems to thicken the longer it cooks. I'd say
          it's about medium thickness as far as chili goes.

          Beth