Simmering Potpourri Crocks

  • momildoit
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2001
      Can you use these for things like the weinnies in grape jelly and
      chili sauce? I know they don't have a lid, but I thought about using
      foil for a lid.

      What do you think?

      Thanks,
      Diane
    • BettyCrock@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 31, 2001
        I've never tried it, but I have thought about using my simmering potpourri
        pot. First, I guess I'd fill it with water, then after a couple hours, use a
        candy thermometer to check the temperature to see if it's hot enough to keep
        meat at a safe temperature. I just haven't gotten around to it. I'm sure the
        temperature would be hot enough to keep cheese dips hot and safe. If anyone
        has tried it, I'd sure like to know, too!!

        Jann in Fargo, ND